I found this just as we were getting ready to go to bed. Beautiful, isn’t it?
Here are some of my thoughts (in no particular order):
- “Don’t cry over spilt milk.” There’s nothing we can do to change it so let’s learn from it.
- In some ways, this is a rite of passage that all children go through sooner or later.
- The girls are going to be scrubbing the wall tomorrow. We are pretty sure that we know who the culprit is, but we aren’t 100% sure. They can both learn from this. (I don’t really expect them to get the marker off the wall, but I feel this is the most appropriate consequence.)
- All art supplies will be on lockdown for a few days. We aren’t going to take the markers away for good, but the girls will not have free access to them either.
- We are lucky that this happened in a place that most people don’t see due to the layout of our living room.
- “How much of this is our fault?” We gave them free access to the markers, and we have been giving them more freedom to play independently. Maybe we need to make some adjustments to decrease the likelihood of a repeat offense.
- It’s a teachable moment for all of us!
- Any recommendations on how to get this beauty off the wall?